~ Gold Dust ~
Genesis one is a perfect world. IT is a spiritual world. The beings there are spiritual; not fleshly.
Notice that God said everything there was good. Everything there had the seed of LIFE in itself.
Jesus said as the Father hath LIFE in himself, so hath He given the Son to have life in himself. See it was given to Jesus. God gave Jesus the power to have life in himself and also to ‘quicken’ whom he will. Quicken is to make alive. We are dead in sins; therefore need to be GIVEN LIFE.
The beings in this creation are after the God kind. This means they are spiritual and have eternal life in themselves. This is an eternal world. I do not believe that the days which are counting His work in this chapter have a single thing to do with human time periods. This is not a human world.
On the ‘sixth’ day of this world, (whatever that means; I know not yet)-- God brought forth a man and woman in His likeness and His glory. Both the man and the woman were in God’s image. This is the resurrection of Jesus with His bride. That is when Jesus came forth in the likeness and glory of God the Father.
Jesus while on earth was in the likeness of sinful man. He was made in all points like unto his human brethern. Before the resurrection of Jesus, there was no man in the likeness of God. Gen. 1: 27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Rev. 3: 14. And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; these things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
See here Jesus is spoken of as the beginning of the creation of God. See this is when God began to create man in his own image.
Hebrews 1:1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4. Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
See this shows that Jesus is the one who is express image of God’s person.
This dust frame which we are in NOT the image of God.
So all of this glorious, eternal world in Chapter one has its own Heaven and Earth. So let’s find the description of this earth in God’s Word.
Job 28: 5. As for the earth, out of it cometh bread: and under it is turned up as it were fire.
6. The stones of it are the place of sapphires: and it hath dust of gold.
7. There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:
8. The lion's whelps have not trodden it, nor the fierce lion passed by it.
9. He putteth forth his hand upon the rock; he overturneth the mountains by the roots.
10. He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing.
11. He bindeth the floods from overflowing; and the thing that is hid bringeth he forth to light.
Now look at this: v6--this earth’s stones are sapphires.
Its dust is gold.
No fowl or vulture’s eye has seen this earth.
No lion or fierce lion has trodden there. See no destruction is ever there.
Now you must remember that Paul said we have the natural FIRST. That which is SPIRITUAL in next. Also Isaiah said that God declared the END from the BEGINNING. This is telling us that Gen. one is the END, EVEN THOUGH IT IS TOLD AT THE BEGINNING OF THE BOOK.
It is really the ending of the creation of God. So........
Revelation 21:1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Now this is speaking of that Earth in Gen. one.
10. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11. Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12. And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13. On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20. The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Now here is more description of this PERFECT EARTH. EACH HEAVEN HAD AN EARTH TO GO WITH IT.
Eze. 28: 13. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the Beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Now see that here it is speaking of the Garden of God. This is also that new earth.
See that those same stones and gold are part of this place. See also the stones of fire? Remember Job said it was turned up with fire? This is that wonderful New Earth. But see it is eternal. But to us, when we get there it will be our New Earth. It was declared from the beginning even though it will be the ending.
Now I know this may be a little difficult for some to see. But just study it and let it have time to come into your mind and understanding. Know for sure that there are two different worlds. One is Spiritual in God’s likeness of His kind. The other is fleshly, of the dust. This is the mortal dust life we now have. As we have born the image of the earthly, we shall also bear the image of the Heavenly.
By: Jo Smith - March 1, 2003